Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rite Aid Paid Me To Shop Today

How? Well, I'm sure some of you drugstore divas are aware of the "drugstore game". Basically, with a mixture of coupons, sales and rebates, you can either break even (get things free) or even make money on drugstore purchases. I've often mentioned that before I entered the beauty blog world, I was a big fan of the budget blog world. Ladies (and some men) all over the country posted the best deals, coupon match ups, etc. Between work, school and Jeweled Thumb, I don't have the time to devote to finding the very best deals, but at the supermarket I aim for 50% or more savings between sales and coupons and often I succeed.

Anyway, while the Rite Aid circular might not look super exciting for this week, it is if you have the proper coupon match ups.

Almay eye makeup is buy 1 get 1 free
Cover Girl makeup is buy 1 get 1 free
Various Proctor & Gamble (PG) products are on sale and you can get a $10 Rite Aid gift card when you buy $30 worth of products

Let's start with Almay,
Almay has some new eye sets that I've been wanting to try priced at $7.49 each
Because Almay eye makeup is on sale this week, I got 2 sets for $7.49
In recent papers there have been $1/1 and $2/1 coupons. Since you have 2 different items, you can use both!
Of course I used both of them.
That brings the price down to $4.49 for both products
And this month there is a $5 rebate when you buy 2 Almay products.
Rite Aid/Almay is ultimately paying me 51 cents to bring these 2 items home with me!
Then Cover Girl,
This one is fairly easy and a warning that it might not work at all locations.
Cover Girl makeup is buy 1 get 1 free.
There was a coupon in last month's PG insert for Cover Girl BOGO face makeup
Combine that with the BOGO weekly deal and you may be able to walk away with 2 free foundations or powder.
I picked up 2 of the new Clean Makeup for sensitive skin to try, for free!

Just two of many deals you can get at Rite Aid this week. Some of them don't involve makeup so I didn't break them down. The PG gift card deal is great if you need tampons, DayQuil and other not so exciting stuff.

2 comments:

Eve said...

niiiice! I need to start picking up some more newspapers to get these coupons!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Y: We get the paper and then my parents sometimes donate us their extras. =)

Post a Comment