Thursday, March 25, 2010

Greasy Goodness

On my favorite budgeting blog, there was a link that intrigued me. Well, first of, the man doesn't really write about beauty so when I noticed the words, "La Mer" on my screen, I had to investigate.

What is this fabulous product that rivals the super pricey La Mer?

I'll give you one guess.

Two? Three? Four?
Don't believe me? Read this. And then read some reviews on makeupalley. Crisco has a user rating of 85%!

It's not just for pie. And it's probably the only thing you'll put on your body with the following warning:

WARNING: Oil will catch fire if overheated. Damage or serious burns may result. DO heat shortening carefully, uncovered, on medium heat. DO reduce heat if smoking occurs. DO NOT leave unattended while heating. DO NOT refill bottle with hot shortening. IF SHORTENING CATCHES FIRE: DO turn off heat. DO cover pot until cooled to room temperature to avoid reignition. DO NOT carry pot until cool. DO NOT put water in hot or flaming shortening. 

I'm actually tempted to try the stuff, at the very least on my cuticles and horribly dry legs. Have you ever used Crisco as a moisturizer? Share your thoughts!

2 comments:

marti said...

That is really interesting.. I kind of want to go out and buy some crisco now!

marti
http://yetanotherbeautyandfashionblog.blogspot.com/

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Marti: Me too! I don't keep it in the house!

Post a Comment