Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review: One Cherry Pie Lip Balm

One products have a survey on their site and their thank you for filling out said survey is one of their lipbalms (and you even get to pick!). I chose the Mom's Cherry Pie Shea Butter Lip Balm. 
These lip balms (and the entire One line for that matter) come in the most adorable packaging ever. The brand tries to keep sustainability at the forefront of their design philosophy and does not use any plastic products in their packaging. The cardboard and twine packaging is simple and natural but it still looks nice. Unlike LUSH that sometimes uses no packaging in its products (and then I have absolutely no clue how to use half of their stuff) there are actual directions on these and you don't feel gross picking them up or using them wondering where someone else's hands that "played" in store had been. Even though the scent is described as "cherry pie", I don't detect any foodie scent from this, it's just a very tart juicy scent, which is great for me.
How darn cute is the back?

"Directions: Place a little on your finger tip and smooth over your lips. Natural, moisturizing lip balms are so yummy to smell, you'll never want to be without them on your lips."
The balm comes in a tin (my only concern with this is that it has more of a chance of coming open in my purse because it doesn't seem to 'snap' on). The texture is slightly hard and firm but creamy. It actually reminds me of my dear Woody's lip balm. Even though the balm is colored pink, there is no tint. I put this on my lips about a half hour ago and ate dinner and my lips are still smooth and I can detect a tiny bit of balm still on them.
Rubbing my finger over the product several times only produced a smear, no dip.
My only complaint about this product is the fact that it comes in a tin (I prefer tube balms but I understand that it probably wasn't possible without using some sort of plastic in the packaging). I'm looking forward to when my Target gets some more of their products in so I can try some more!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

this seems really cute.

Jean said...

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands. All of their stuff (or what I've tried so far, anyway) is awesome.

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Packaging looks super cute, Im not a fan of tin lip products either.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of lip products in pots or tins either, but I don't hate them either...as long as nobody dips their fingers into the product, I'm OK! That said, this is so cute! And seems to be delicious smelling too, something I love in my lip products!

em said...

oh the packaging is so cute!

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely! Hope they come to the UK.

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

That looks really nice. I can't wait to get mine!! I filled out the survey too. ;)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lesley: It is adorable! Love the little envelope it comes in. =)

@Jean: Any recs for what I should try next?

@Miss Nikka: Yeah, I hate sticking my finger into products, I always feel the need to go wash my hands first and then it's not super convenient. And I never carry a lip brush with me...

@Marce: I'm actually really quite pleased is smells nothing like cherry pie (I don't particularly like cherry pie)!

@em: I'm a sucker for cute packaging. =)

@Lillian: I've heard they are very responsive to e-mails - you could ask!

@aly: Ooo, be sure to review when you get it! Which flavor did you pick?

Post a Comment