Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review: Murad Essential Day C Moisture SPF 30

Some of you probably remember that in my Empties post, I mentioned that I had started using Murad Essential-C Day Moisture since I had recently used up another Murad moisturizer. Well, I've been using it now for a couple of weeks and I wanted to share my thoughts.

First of all, the price is absolutely ridiculous, even more so than the pricing on the rest of the Murad moisturizer range (which at $33 for 1.7oz isn't exactly cheap either). This will set you back $60 for a measly 1.7oz of product. What I like about this is that it has SPF without the smell of what you get in a normal sunscreen. This has a light citrus scent which is really quite pleasant.

Unfortunately, the good things stop there. Since it's still cool here, my skin is still dry which means that in the morning it needs more moisture that this can provide. I mean, sure, I could slather it on, but it doesn't really sink in and then balls up on your face (this is very frustrating when you notice it in the middle of putting on your foundation which forces you to remove everything and start back over). For me, I need to use a separate moisturizer underneath this which kind of defeats the purpose of a 2-in-1 product. That being said, this is probably great for the oily gals out there that don't need a super moisturizing product, and I'd recommend it if not for the insane price tag.

Have you tried the Murad Essential Day C Moisturizer? What did you think?