Monday, March 15, 2010

Review: ELF Face Products

During one of my recent ELF orders, I picked up a few of the face products since I noticed that they came out with some lighter colors. I bought the regular line tinted moisturizer SPF 15 in ivory, the regular line tone correcting concealer in ivory and the studio stick concealer in (you guessed it) ivory.

First of all, the packaging.
I admit that the packaging is a little bulky, however, I understand why especially since the line is in the process of being carried at Target. I think it's great that ELF has tried to prevent tampering.
The actual containers are on the small side (the tinted moisturizer is teeny tiny - only .42oz). Though for the price I can't really complain.

Regular Line Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 - .42oz - $1
Benzophenone-3, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Mica, Octyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, DEA-Cetyl, Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum, Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Disodium EDTA, Iron Oxides(CI 77491 , CI 7492 , CI 77499)
Regular Line Tone Correcting Concealer - .08oz - $1
Aqua(Water), Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Octyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ceresin Wax, PEG-30, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate , Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides(CI 77891 , CI 77892 , CI 77899)
Studio Line Concealer - .11oz - $3
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Kaolin, Barium Sulfate, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Titanium Dioxide, Polyglycerly-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

The first thing I noticed is that the regular line products are scented like orange, which means that the minute I put them on, I felt like I was slathering myself in Sunkist Orange soda. I suppose I could be slathering worst things on my face (I happen to like orange soda), but it was not entirely pleasant. I might be able to get used to it, but I really wish they would at the very least keep the face products in the regular line unscented. They manage to make unscented products in the studio line, so I'm sure it's possible. Anyway, otherwise, I felt all of the products matched my skin fairly well and I was impressed by the coverage I got with the tinted moisturizer (though I needed extra moisturizer underneath as always). I have heard others have some issues with the studio concealer breaking off from the base and could see that happening as it's fairly soft and creamy. But all in all, I'm fairly pleased with a) the price point and b) the quality of the products.
Has anyone else tried the ELF face products? As you guys know, I am a huge fan of the studio under eye concealer (which thankfully isn't scented like oranges).

4 comments:

Porcelaine said...

I looked on their site a few times dreaming away but they don't sell internationally which is so disappointing! I really wish I had a friend that would send them for me :(

VaidaG said...

Exactly... The products are so cheap, yet the quality is really good... And i CAN'T purchase them... this sucks. S.U.C.K.S.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Porcelaine: Depends on your location. I know they have a UK site.

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

@是誰: I wish I knew what you were saying! =/

@VaidaG: ELF UK (link above) ships to a bunch of international countries. They also have a few websites that ship to other European countries...
http://www.elf-kosmetik.de/ (germany & austria)
www.eyeslipsface.fr (france & belgium)
For deliveries to Switzerland, please visit (switzerland)

I hope this helps! In the worst case scenario you could always get some to custom purchase you some ELF products and then send them over. =)

Porcelaine said...

i wish it was as simple as that. apparently they used to have an aussie website but that's all but gone. the UK one is a lot more expensive than the US one and the exchange doesn't help, so if the US one shipped worldwide that would of been perfect. thanks for the info anyway :)

Post a Comment