Sunday, February 28, 2010

Empties

Speaking of empties, how awesome would it be if other companies besides MAC would give you a free product if you brought in empties from the line? Very awesome.

I had planned to do a fairly big post of things I've used up recently but I didn't expect the last little bit of my foundation to last for ages and my lip balm to twist up forever (I think part of this is I love it so much and I'm not going to replace it till I use up some others since I'm swimming in lip balm and a part of me doesn't want to finish it!).

Anyway, onward.

* BioInfusion Professional Tea Tree Shampoo - I suffer from eczema and dandruff on my scalp and have pretty much tried every shampoo on the market for dandruff. I picked up this one on sale at Walgreens for $3.99 (reg price $7.99). It worked decently enough but I am trying desperately to find a shampoo that doesn't smell like tea tree oil that works (as my husband isn't a fan of the smell). Anyway, I bought a few of these for rotation purposes. Would I repurchase? Yes.
* Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion - I was introduced to Murad when I worked at ULTA. No matter who sat down in my chair to get their makeup done, I would invariably pick a Murad moisturizer (usually pomegranate) to prep the skin. Everyone's skin seemed to love this moisturizer and it wasn't long before I picked it up myself, which was unfortunate only because my skin really likes it. I've gone through several tubes of this stuff and try to find a cheaper brand only to come back to Murad. Right now I'm using the  Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 cream (smells like citrus) which is a jaw dropping $60  and I see that they've recently increased the price of their moisturizers from $30 to $33 for an itty bitty amount of 1.7oz. I hate you Murad! But I will continue to buy your products because they unfortunately work for me. Would I repurchase? Have and will continue to do so even though my wallet cries each time.
* Christian Dior DiorShow mascara - This is one of those deluxe sample sizes that I think I received from Sephora's Beauty Insider program. I am so happy to be finished with this little tube. I think the rose smell only increased the amount of tearing that my eyes do on their own. It did elongate and thicken my lashes with 1 coat but considering the price - $24 - and the stench smell, I'm not a fan. Would I repurchase? No. Aside from the luxe name and packaging, most of my mascara come from the drugstore thankyouverymuch.

Have you used up anything recently? Would you repurchase?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i dont hv this brand in my country :o

spifftiff88 said...

I have the Diorshow mascara and didn't notice a smell to it, but have noticed it's not the greatest. It makes my lashes longer and kind of fans them out..but I like them to look fuller....just not worth the price. The Murad sounds great though!

Tiffanie

Jeweled Thumb said...

@ipehshere: I'm sure I'm coveting the brands you *do* have in your country!

@Spifftiff88: A warning: Do not try Murad! It is too nice for too high a price! PS You should be getting your package any day now.

Post a Comment