Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hard Candy Hide & Cheek Glows


I was at Walmart earlier this week and happened upon some new products from Hard Candy. If you've been reading Jeweled Thumb with any frequency, you would know I am addicted to cream blush. As someone that suffers from drier skin than most, cream blushes tend to last longer on my face and they keep it a bit more hydrated than blushes that are dry and can look cakey on my skin. The display (including the new Cover Heavy Duty concealer) included 3 different color sets and I picked up all 3 since I am an addict.
The packaging reminded me of the NYC Blushable Creme Sticks and I was intrigued with the duo product. Each stick, named the Hide & Glow Cheek Tint or Duo Cheek Tint comes in 3 different shade combinations: a peachy coral (In Love), a bright pink (Pillow Talk) and a deep cherry (Hot Date). Some of the colors have a little bit of shimmer to them, while others are a matte, gel-type or cream finish. The sticker label has an idea of the color inside the tube, which I think is a nice touch.

Hard Candy describes them as: "Cream Cheek Color Duo delivers a just blushed look. Wear together or alone".

The duos come with 8 grams of product and retail for $6 each. For reference, the NYC Blushable Creme Sticks come with 8 grams of product as well and retail for $3.99 - so these are a bit more expensive but you get 2 colors in one (and quite frankly how often do you use up cream blushes?).

I'll be reviewing each of the sticks (with dupes and the like) individually.

1 comment:

charmed-chick said...

gosh i wish the uk had walmarts :)

Post a Comment