Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mystery Package

Thanks to those of you who guessed what the mystery package held. Petra nailed it, it was Haus of Gloi. So many bloggers have been talking about this company, including a few of my favorites: The Gloss Goss, London Makeup Girl, Phyrra, MLBB among others.

I ordered 6 different "sample" sized jars, each containing 2oz of product and ranging from $3.50 to $4.50. For sample sizes, Haus of Gloi does not skimp on packaging. The labels are gorgeous and a nice departure from most indie bath & body brands. A lot of brands go the cutesy route or go all the way to the other extreme with skull & crossbones and the like; neither are really my style.

I'm still playing with the scents but I'll touch on perhaps the most important thing. For me, many of the scents I've sniffed smelled sickly sweet or very strong in the pots, and for the body butter especially you really need to wait a little to see whether or not the scent works on your skin. It's almost like perfume - they adjust with your body chemistry. I can see these working as pulse-point perfumes rather well as the scent seems to stick around with only the tiniest application. I'm not sure I'd slather myself in these scents from head to toe!

I'll post proper reviews when I get the chance to play around with the products.

Here are the scents I ordered in varying formats - scrub and/or body butter (all from their Yule collection):

Hearth, Eggnoggin, Parkin, Snow Wolf


Have you tried Haus of Gloi?

5 comments:

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I haven't heard of this company before. I do like a strong scent of fragrances I like. I'll look forward to your review. :)

amanda said...

Never tried this company, but now I want to!

Petra said...

Oh! I feel the same way with the scents. They were the first indie bath/body product I ever ordered and they were so strong in the jar that I flailed about trying to figure out what to do. I admit to panicking a bit. Heh.


I can't wait to hear about Eggnoggin since I haven't tried out that scent. :)

Dee said...

I just received a Haus of Gloi package today! This is my fourth or fifth order; I love them. Their customer service is excellent too. :-)

My Lips But Better said...

Thank you for the link love! I just received my 2nd order last week and have had a great time trying things out. It's a bit sad that I've gotten a few scents I didn't love, but I hope to find them a new home soon :)

Post a Comment