Wednesday, May 12, 2010

National Fibromyalgia Day

Today, May 12, is National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. Over 5 million people suffer from this chronic widespread pain and fatigue condition (myself included), with no cure in sight, limited medications that don't actually help much (despite the ads on TV), and limited understanding and acceptance, even by doctors and loved ones, it can truly devastate your life. Take the time to learn a little bit about fibromyalgia today and if you know anyone who has it, give them a gentle hug. I'm lucky that I've figured out things that help me and I'm more functional than most (I'm very thankful that I have the energy to not only work full time and go to school part-time but also run this blog which while fun, requires quite the time and energy commitment). Many others are not so fortunate and live each day with pain, fatigue and many other miserable symptoms.

Here's a link with more info: National Fibromyalgia Association