Monday, May 3, 2010

NOTD Improv

So today at work I was staring at my nails. Speaking of my nails and Zoya Miley, it gets a glowy purple color under fluorescent lights which is so cool. It almost looks like a neon highlighter, but not neon and lighter and milkier - ok not neon at all, but it looks glowy - almost lit from within. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me and I don't typically take pictures of my nails at work or any sort of pictures for that matter. But as I was staring at said nails, I thought how perfect the color would be with glass flecks! It almost looked like that anyway, since my sheets did a number on my nails last night, the small little lines caught the light just so. Anyway, I figured it would be fun to play, so enter Revlon Glimmer Gloss.
Revlon Glimmer Glosses are sheer layering polishes with glimmer. Long discontinued, of course. I picked mine up on Ebay. From the left to right we have Blueberry Burst, Pina Colada Pop and Cherry Fizz. I wasn't sure which one would be the best (though I had a feeling it would be the Pina Colada Pop shade - I was right) so I tried all of them!
Blueberry Burst makes Miley ever so slightly bluer with subtle flecks of glitter. Very pretty layered but not quite the look I was going for.
I love the Pina Colada Pop layered over Miley. It's very subtle but you get an extra glint of shine in the light. See the slightly fuzzy pics above. Gooorrgeous. You can kind of see it compared to my pinkie (plain Miley) and my middle finger (Cherry Fizz).
Cherry Fizz makes Miley PINK! Hot pink. Also with subtle flecks. I do like this but this is not what I was going for at all!

So now I have an unintentional skittles manicure. Thankfully I can get away with practically any color for my nails at work since it is way too late for me to start removing and reapplying.

I also apologize for the way my hands look. I just finished eating a mango, yum! And in the process, managed to get mango everywhere (including around my cuticles and underneath my nails - and in between my teeth but I won't subject you guys to that!). I now know why people will pay decent money for it pre-sliced, because it was a pain to eat, yummy, but a pain.