Thursday, May 13, 2010

NOTD: Revlon Cherry Fizz

After playing around with the Revlon Glimmer Glosses in a previous NOTD, I decided to try out this one on its own mostly due to the pigmentation that I noticed when it was layered.
Honestly, I was pretty impressed by this but I also noticed that this is one of the only Glimmer Glosses out of the 3 I own that has minimal glitter/glass flecks. There's a few pieces of glitter stuck throughout the base, but it dissapears once it gets layered on the nails, which is fine since even without the glitter this is a strawberry jello jelly (doesn't it remind you of strawberry jello?)! This was 3 coats 3 days into wearing it. It is now day 4 and aside from a little tip wear, it's still going strong! I didn't use a top coat and it's still very shiny, neon-ish without the matte side effects. Yes, there is VNL (visible nail line) but honestly, I'm kind of liking these sheer polishes lately. I guess it's the fact that many are wearing creams and opaque neons and I want something a little different. Please ignore the VNL stains however. For Mother's Day we had crabs with nearly an inch of Old Bay stuck on top. For a good 48 hours, it looked like I had faked tan on my fingers as they were tinted orange and a bit got under my nails and sat around and stained the skin. Hey, it is totally worth the sacrifice! Yum!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

this is really pretty, it does remind me of jello, lmao. and crabs with old bay sounds amazing right now... mnnnnn!

JennXOXO said...

Very pretty! Last year for mother's day we had a bushel of crabs too! Yummy!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Caitlin: Gotta love Old Bay. Definitely a Maryland staple. =)

@JennXOXO: Yup, I think my Dad bought a bushel too, either way, there was a big box filled with them in all their crabby deliciousness. =)

Post a Comment