Sunday, May 23, 2010

NOTD: American Apparel L'Esprit

I couldn't resist picking up some of the new American Apparel polishes when they were having the 30% off friends & family code. L'Esprit was one of the ones I was excited about (though who am I kidding? I'm excited over practically any new polish). All of the American Apparel polishes are creams which I love. L'Esprit is a fairly pale lilac, there is a bit of blue in it which my camera picked up more than the purple. Also, slightly gray. Anyway, it's very pigmented but also a little thick. When you first paint your nails, you can kind of see ridges where you've placed the 'newer' polish but thankfully it all seems to level out without a problem (well, aside from the sides - but that's probably because I'm not super amazing at polish application).
Don't they all look slightly different?

2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

This is the color I'm most intrigued by out of their new ones. Would you say it leans more blue than gray or lilac?

Jeweled Thumb said...

@IHMB: In natural shade it leans purple/lilac, in artificial light it goes more grey/blue. I think this is the most interesting one of the set probably because I can't really nail down the color. =)

Post a Comment