Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's a Bird It's a Plane It's New Wet n Wild!

I've been hinting both here and on twitter (if you aren't following me yet, you should) that I scored big at Rite Aid yesterday. Since my grad class is turning out to be one of those frustrating mind numbing ones (in a word, accounting), I didn't have the energy or brain power to do this post last night, but I've been dying to show you all what I scored. Since Nouveau Cheap tempts me so with all the new drugstore collections and my neighborhood Rite Aid doesn't seem to get or put out new collections, I hit up the Rite Aid near work in hopes of finding something. Well, color me surprised when I found not only part of the new collection, but the Craze nail colors that everyone has been raving about for months in the permanent display! Considering that Wet N Wild is 40% off at Rite Aid this week (sale ends on Saturday) now was the perfect time to haul everything I've had my eyes on (and there's even a $2 rebate at Rite Aid). In my excitement, I totally forgot about the coupons that I had from the holiday palettes, but I think I may just go back tomorrow!

 
I grabbed the very last 3 eyeshadow palettes in the temporary display: Vanity #249, Lust #248 & Greed #246 - regular retail is $4.99 but I only paid $2.99 with the sale price!
New Megalast nail colors: Through The Grapevine #208A, Disturbia #217 & Candy-licious - These were the only ones left in the temporary display so I grabbed them! Regular retail is $1.99, I paid $1.19 on sale.
 
Craze nail color. I was so so so psyched to see these that I grabbed every color that they have in stock! I believe I'm only missing the bright green one, Jade. Regular retail is $1.99 and I paid $1.19 on sale. 

The only thing that I'm a little surprised with is the size of these suckers. Granted, I don't think I will ever use up a polish but these things are tiny. The Megalast colors are only .3oz and the Craze are .34oz - most standard bottles are usually 1/2oz. Here the bottles are lined up next to a Borghese bottle, which is .4oz.
 
Not to put a fine point on it, but anyone remember when Wet N Wild polishes and most of the color products were 3/$1 on sale? My mom used to treat me when we had to make a quick stop at the drugstore and I would almost always pick out sparkly nail polish or lip balm. Ah, the memories. I'm assuming milk was also a lot cheaper in the late 80s/early 90s, and gas and all non-sparkly things, but kids don't really think about that stuff, huh?
Anyway, you think I stopped there? Ha! Well, I noticed Revlon was on sale BOGO AND they actually had the Ivory Photoready that I've been dying to try. Because I wanted something the same price to get the best deal possible, I picked up one of the new Age Defying Face Illuminators (pink light #20). I have no idea how this is. It might suck but there will be a review either way shortly. Both retail for $13.99 which is getting rather high for drugstore, don't you think?
So there you have it, my awesome haul. Reviews forthcoming!

8 comments:

G. said...

Oooh, hurry up and start testing these, woman! lol! I neeed to know how you like those palettes! I'm hoping you fall in love with the mattes as much as I did. :)

Jasmine said...

Oooooo I would love to see some swatches!

Lisa Kate said...

I'm SO jealous!! The closest Rite Aid to me is 1/2 hour away AND in an...uh..."unsavory" neighborhood (re: ghetto, I might get robbed). I've been DYING for those Craze polishes...I need to find out where I can find them! Reviews, reviews! Can't wait!

Also, I hate accounting XD I'm lucky enough that I don't have to take it, but I worked for CPA for a little while. I went around the system and took Logic instead. Which is not what you think it would be haha I thought I'd be doing those puzzles, but its much more complicated.

Stephanie said...

nouveaucheap tempts me too! as cheap as the WnW is, I'm still waiting for a sale. I'm such a cheap ass. haha. awaiting your review. I'm lusting for the GREED palette

Bea said...

Hello! I'm seeing those palettes use by some beauty gurus on the youtube, and they said some are dupes of mac and pigmented. Can't wait for the swatches and review. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! I love the look of the palettes and the polishes, they look fantastic!

Dani M said...

Oh these look great! Wonderful haul!
I'll keep my out for the palettes!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Recessionista: You (and the rest of the blogosphere) will be the first to know if I think they rock (and judging by your swatches, I think I won't be disappointed!). I hope I get time to swatch/review this weekend though I have a horror of a homework assignment due, study group and I definitely need to hit Big Lots with my coupon!

@Jasmine: Hopefully by the end of the weekend!

@Lisa Kate: It looks like the Craze polishes are part of the full regular line so they should be popping up in the new displays at other drugstores from the looks of it. If not, I'd be more than happy to CP some for you. You know how to reach me. =)

@Stephanie: I know! I would usually wait for BOGO but Wet n Wild is one of those elusive brands that almost never goes on sale like that. Most I see is BOGO 50% most of the time which is only 25% so 40% is a good deal to me!

Bea: I'll try to get the swatches and reviews up shortly and see if I can dupe any with the MAC shades I own. =)

@Marce: I especially love the textured design on the palettes, gives them a little extra oomph, don't you think?

@Dani M: Definitely do! Thanks for stopping by and following! =)

Post a Comment