Tuesday, February 16, 2010

NOTD: Borghese Che Bella Red

While I was out this weekend, I stopped at a Ross Dress For Less. Like other discount stores, the inventory changes pretty rapidly. I lucked out when I saw a random pile of Borghese polish for $1.99 which sells at CVS for $7.99. I had never tried the brand but had heard good things about it and the classy colors caught my attention.

This is a rather pigmented cream that is opaque in 1-2 coats. I say 1-2 because it took 2 coats for me because the brush kind of freaked me out. It's super short and kind of stubby. Not just the brush, the wand itself is also very short. I was really impressed with the formula. I hope to get used to the brush!

This is 2 coats on most fingers, 1 on some of them. The color is much more blue than in the pictures. It's a fairly "true" red. Of course, DH thinks he is hilarious and said I should be on a street corner. I responded that red is a fairly "tame" color by polish standards. I just tend to wear darker and/or more muted tones.

 
  
  
The last one is the most accurate swatch, though it's still pulling a bit more orange than the polish actually is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh very pretty!

andpinkysays said...

After seeing you describe the brush, I was hoping you'll put a picture of it in the post. xD

But yeah, the problem with new nail polish brands is unfamiliar brushes that might mess up the manicure just because we're not used to it. >___<

But thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment