Friday, January 21, 2011

Firefly Inara Look

I'm back home from my back appointment and feeling much better but pretty much forced to stay in bed nonetheless and thought I would have some fun! If anyone wants a proper tutorial for this look, let me know. I'll admit, I wasn't entirely tidy with it but it was so much fun to do even though I look nothing like her (she's stunning)! And this is so far from the look I normally do on myself (and of course it's much more intense in real life than the pictures show). My inspiration post is below or here. I did the first look in my post (clearly the gold and pink one!).

What I used:
[eye]
On upper and lower waterline* Milani Liquif'Eye liner in Black
Lid mix of Motives Goddess & Motives Bronze Beauty (a tiny bit of this on lower lid as well)
Crease mix of Jesse's Girl Baked Powder Eyeshadow in Cherry Blossom & Shu Uemera M Rose 140
mascara Revlon Beyond Natural in Black
(no false lashes, sorry to disappoint!)
[lips]
Sue Devitt Lip Intensifier Pencil in Waikiki
Becca Lipgloss in Daiquiri
[face]
Bare Escentuals in Fair


* The key for me for lining my upper and lower waterline and making it neat is doing it before I apply anything else so I can fix any mistakes as I have a tendency of blinking and tearing while lining any part of my eye

6 comments:

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I hope you feel better by the time you read this. That lid mix is neat. :)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Kim: I feel much better! I just wish I didn't have to get injections to make me feel "normal" again.

Unknown said...

Very pretty :) I've just recently started tearing up horribly when I do my eye makeup, so annoying!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lillian: I always tear up if I try to line any of my waterlines, especially the upper one! It seems my eye thinks I'm going to poke myself and it needs to be prepared! lol

yourstrulypam said...

Love how you did your eye makeup. I'm also very jealous of your long lashes. Wish mine were that long.

The Postcolonial Rabbit said...

Really impressed with the recreation! It's very similar, especially the eyeliner. Hope the effects of the injection kick in soon x

Post a Comment