Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: Biolage Delicate Care Organic Certified Oil

This item (Biolage Delicate Care Organic Certified Oil) is one of my new favorite things. I received it nearly a year ago in my Allure Beauty Box Bag and hadn't tried it. I think that might have been before Argan Oil really caught on and the idea of putting oil in my hair was a little off-putting. This mix of Argan, Olive and Lavender oils is absolutely fabulous on my dry curly hair (and especially when I wear it curly). It cuts down on the frizz without losing the curl, it's shiny and soft and I know people must think I'm crazy when I say this, but it seems to make my hair less huge (and this is a good thing). My curls tend to be more round (less like ringlets especially when it is shorter) and that gives me a ton of volume without necessarily doing anything. This flattens my hair a bit and makes it look like I've styled it (when I've only stuck a bit of this in it). 

The smell is slightly clean and fresh, but I can't really smell much of anything without sticking my nose near the product. I can't smell anything when it's in my hair. I doubt this product would interfere with any scents you were wearing.

As my hair is thick, curly and dry, I don't feel any greasy effects of the oil. My hair just feels nourished. At $20 for a 1.7oz bottle, it is on the pricey side but I think it's well worth it. Plus, the twist up pointed dispenser means you don't lose as much product as say, a flip top. 

Definitely give this product a try if you have a similar hair type. I adore it!