Monday, January 3, 2011

Review: Illamasqua Lipstick in Obey

As you may remember, I was so thrilled to get my hands on some Illamasqua. It arrived and for some reason I held off on trying the one lipstick I bought, Obey. Obey is described as a matte coral pink.

Matte is right.

This lipstick showed you every mark line and crevice on my lip. I can't imagine anyone that has any fine lines or uneveness in their lips pulling off this shade without some mega moisture either below or on top. I applied my regular lip balm underneath and it went on patchy and flaky. Observe:

Sorry, Illamasqua, that just isn't attractive. As a consumer, and a busy one at that, I want something I can swipe and go (aka Senna sheer lipsticks). This requires quite a bit more care. I know what you're all saying, "but Jeweled Thumb! Look at how pigmented it is!" yeah, pigment is great when you need it. Others could say you could just apply a gloss on top and yes, it does do an excellent job of erasing my lip pigmentation, but so can a (much cheaper) concealer. The packaging is beautiful but that only goes so far.

Illamasqua lipsticks retail for $22 at Sephora.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ick that does look bad! I've got a few Illamasqua lippies and I find the formula differs from shade to shade. One, Underworld, was one of the worst lipsticks I've ever tried. So SO drying and sheer and just horrible. Another one went into the lines on my lips but not as bad as Obey did to you, and then a couple of others were fine and in fact very nice. So I wouldn't write off all their lippies (though they are all matte and a bit dry looking if not feeling) but that one looks terrible!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow, that sucks for $22! I have never tried matte lipsticks but I know it's not for me as I have super dry lips )=

Post a Comment