Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Drugstore Jewels: L'oreal Colour Riche Lipgloss

I'm starting a new series on here called (obviously) Drugstore Jewels where I will posting about some of my favorite drugstore products!

I spy with my little eyes something...


empty!

It's true. This is L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipgloss in shade #400/soft coral. I wouldn't exactly call these "colour riche" since the pigment is quite subtle, but these are lovely glosses which I've obviously used up and repurchased. These are smooth, creamy and moisturizing, creating a subtle hint of color and a tiny bit of sparkle, though not gritty or over the top glitter like some products (ie you can't feel the glitter in between your lips). It comes with a doe foot applicator which is fairly common in a fairly standard square tube weighing in at .23oz. Another thing I like about these is the top locks in place so it's perfect to stick in your purse. I find this chapstick with a kick. It moisturizes quite well but it gives you a little something extra.






According to L'oreal:









Obviously, their "swatches" are horribly inaccurate. Soft coral is a very pale peachy color with minimal shimmer and very very light pigment.

You can get L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipgloss at practically any drugstore and they generally retail around $8.99 though you can often get them on sale.

What are your drugstore jewels?

4 comments:

Eve said...

LOL thats so funny that you'd just reach into your makeup bag and find an empty lipgloss.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Y: Well... I've actually been meaning to take it out. I can't get the last bit of gloss on the wand and it's driving me batty. Better for me to just post and then toss it. =)

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

I love L'Oreal everything, if L'Oreal makes it, I'll most likely love it - like the cream paints from their HIP line <3

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lizzard: I love L'Oreal too! Although I haven't had good luck with their single eyeshadows. Have you tried those?

Post a Comment