Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CVS Sale News

I mentioned previously that the CVS semi-annual sale is going on and it appears that some stores still have not put the green or hot pink stickers on the products. But I discovered something at the CVS near where I work. First of all, even though something is not marked doesn't mean it's not 75% off (most have already figured this out). Second, there's a way to figure out whether an item will be on sale without going and checking the price checker for every item. The bar code will be blacked out. At the CVS I went to, not all the items had a sticker, but the ones where someone had scribbled across the barcode rang up on sale. Now granted, you won't know whether the discount will be 50 or 75 percent unless you've been stalking blog reports like I have (did I just admit that?). But it might be a useful tool to figuring out the sales. I don't know if this is common practice at every CVS or just the ones I generally go to but it's worth a shot.

I also found a large stack of $2 off coupons below the Physicians Formula display good for their Organic Wear line which has a quite large amount of products on clearance. I wound up picking up one of the eyeshadow duos for FREE after coupon and a blush for a mere $1.25 after coupon. So look out for those. I think I'm going to go back during my lunch today to stock up on some more if the coupons are still there.

4 comments:

ndoodles said...

Very nice. I love all of these hints on blogger :D

Jeweled Thumb said...

@ndoodles: Me too! I especially love finding all the best deals before the non-makeup lovers descend and open and swatch everything (yuck!).

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

Welcome to Product Junkie! Thank you for your sweet comment - no such thing as blogger stalker! lol Don't you love this sale? I can't believe how much stuff I got for so little, it's crazy!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lizzard: The sale is awesome. Thanks for returning the following. =)

Post a Comment