Saturday, January 23, 2010

NOTD: Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

This has been compared to Sally Hansen's Opulent Cloud. In this, there is glitter, but I don't find it over the top, since it's fairly consistent in color to the base. Opulent Cloud has more of a shimmer, so it's a bit more subtle. I really like the brush on the Hard Candy polish. It's fairly thin and short and even though this may mean streaks, it also cuts down on the amount of skin-painting I do. I find the OPI brushes sometimes too big and floppy and my polish looks like a disaster!

Pre-cleanup and with the snazzy ring that comes with the bottle. I've been meaning to do a NOTD but my nails have been rebelling. Each time they grow out, I snag them on a file at work and then trim them all down so they grow evenly. They are finally starting to look like their old selves again and polish is so much easier to apply when they are a bit longer!

Oh, here are comparison pictures between the Hard Candy manicure and the Sally Hansen one. I'm  going to guess that the lighting isn't exactly the same in either photo, but it'll give some of you an idea of the differences in these two shades. It's obvious that Opulent Cloud is lighter and has a touch more silver to it than Mr. Wrong. I like both shades and don't really find them all too similar. Similar color family and same chameleon like quality but not dupes by any means.


6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Very pretty color! And agree about the OPI brushes sometimes being too big and floppy. I much prefer smaller ones :)

xoCaitlin

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Caitlin: I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks the OPI brush is floppy! Love the colors though. BTW- Welcome to JT. I started following your blog too. =)

Unknown said...

I like the Hard Candy better :)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lillian: And that absolutely shocks me. =p

Jessie Lynn said...

Pretty! I've had my eye on that one. How do find that Hard Candy wears? I have issues with super chipping polishes. =)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Jessie Lynn: Well, this is my first time wearing their polish! So, as of right now I've had it on for less than 24 hours. I'll do a report a little later in the week and let you guys know how it performs. =)

Post a Comment