Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Drugstore VS Highend

Already I've seen a lot of requests regarding more posts on drugstore items. First of all, I am a huge fan of drugstore cosmetics, not only for the convenience factor but also because I usually don't feel guilty after a haul. That being said, I am much less likely to buy a drugstore item full priced than a high end product (although, I try to get some sort of deal on high end products too). Because of that, I don't buy things the minute they come out and often wait for sales. Sooo... what that means is that practically everyone in the blogosphere has already reviewed and tested the products in question. Do you still want reviews even long after something launches? Btw - one of my favorite bloggers ever reviews tons of drugstore products, Nouveau Cheap. Check her out if you haven't done so already.

I also want to mention that I rarely if ever purchase the high end products that I feature for full price (I'm not wealthy!). This is why I post tons of sales information on the brands that I happen to like. Take the Korres shadow for instance. I paid $5.60 excluding tax for each of them which is less than most drugstore prices.

My favorite spot at practically every store is the little hidden sale sections. In ULTA, it's usually in the back near the salon. Most website have sale sections too and of course there are the websites that offer the high end products at a fraction of their retail cost everyday; beautycrunch is one of my personal faves.

I'll continue to post codes, helpful hints and ways for you to score products at a discount. And if you guys still want them, I'll post some more drugstore reviews. Any requests for particular items?

4 comments:

G. said...

Awww, thanks for the plug, honey! You're the best!

Regarding reviews, I actually love to see reviews of things that have been out for a while. Often times when there's a BOGO at the drugstore and I've already purchased all of the "latest and greatest" things the line has to offer, I start looking at the core inventory and I always realize there are tons of existing drugstore products I have yet to try. And I know there are tons of hidden gems out there, so I say bring it on! Review the older stuff! :)

And look at you and your 60+ followers! You go, girl! That's AWESOME!!! It took me FOREVER, literally, a looooong, long time to get to 60! You are rocking it! I'm so happy for you and your success! It couldn't have happened to a nicer, sweeter person. xo

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Recessionista!: Awwwww you are so sweet!

Roger that on the reviews. I'll dig through my stash and showcase some older drugstore products. =)

Eve said...

nice! I agree, i hate paying full price for drugstore items. There's always these coupon racks in my CVS so i like take 10 of those things and wait for BOGOF and REALLY cash in LOL.

CONGRATS for 60 followers!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Y: Don't forget you can "stack" coupons. Say you have a CVS coupon, you can use that and a manufacturers coupon like you'd get in the paper. =)

Post a Comment