Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Makeup #002

Even though I'd been holding out for the #001 Ivory shade which Relvon hasn't distributed a lot of bottles of (and excluded it from the cardboard display), CVS is having a sale this week. Photoready is on sale for $9.99 a bottle and you get $5 Extrabucks back. I also used a $1 off manufacturers coupon, bringing the final cost down to $3.99. Well for that price, I was going to take my chances with #002 Vanilla.

Before I get really into it, this is not what I would consider a thorough review. I haven't done a full application of the product on my face because I know it won't look all that great. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on #001 so I can really test this stuff out. For now you get some thoughts on the bottle and swatches.
 
I am super pumped (hahaha) that they put a pump on this bottle. Not only is it a lot more sanitary, but it keeps you from spilling the product. Let's just say at 5am I am not what you would call coordinated and without my glasses I might as well be blind. Pumps are a good thing!

I had suspected that this shade would pull a bit too yellow for me, but you really can't tell until you squeeze a little out and check. It kind of actually looks neutral in the bottle, but on the hand is a different story.
 
The foundation itself is a little runny, you can kind of see the larger swatch starting to slide down my hand. It's not runny enough that it causes an issue during application (it's not like shampoo in the shower) but it is something to note.
 
swatch pictures were taken in natural light
This picture shows the original larger swatch on the left (you can see it's starting to drip down my hand) and the rubbed in dot on the right. I wouldn't say this is an awful match, but it is too yellow for me. Slightly warmer girls might have better luck.

I hope this helps someone and if you have seen any #001 shades please let me know where you discovered it! I really want to try this stuff.

2 comments:

Jenn @ So Very Fabulous said...

I've been wanting to try this as well, but I hate that there aren't testers in the displays I've seen. Hopefully you find the shade you're looking for soon!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@So Very Fabulous: Yeah, thankfully a lot of bloggers have posted swatches and their thoughts so it's a bit easier to guess what shade you would be.

Post a Comment