Friday, January 15, 2010

NYX Sale

NYX Cosmetics is currently having a dollar sale on their website. No code required. Sale begins today and goes till January 25th, 2010. There is a bit of a bug which doesn't allow you to add certain items to your basket from the sale pages but you should be able to from the regular lists and the price will be $1 in your basket. Looks like they fixed this.

Shipping is also ridiculous, however; depending on what you buy it still turns out to be a good deal. For instance, I bought a few foundations and sponges for my kit and paid about $1.75 per item - their liquid foundation is usually $14 - so I got it for 80% off.

The shipping chart looks something like this:

2 items - $7
25 items - $11
35 items - $27
...
I'm not sure if adding certain items changes the chart, like foundation which tends to be heavier or if you are closer to their shipping center (in CA) it will be less. The calculator seems to be a bit wonky.

Basically, if you only want 1 or 2 things, I wouldn't bother; but if you can come up with a few things or items that are generally over $5, you're going to save a good 50% percent on the listed prices.

*EDIT*

I've gone ahead and e-mailed NYX asking what the shipping prices should be. I imagine their CS is swamped but when I hear back from them, I'll post the details.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

yeah, I had about 9 or 10 shadows and it was $7 shipping. not really worth it to me.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Stephanie: Yeah, it really varies on what items you get and what their original prices are. Wish they had more reasonable shipping. They'd get a lot more business (also they need to post what the costs are up-front not have them show up randomly in the basket upon checkout!!!!).

G. said...

I thought I already left a comment on this post but I guess not? Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I think this post is fantastic and super helpful. I'm linking to it on my blog right away! xo

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Recessionista!: Once again, aw! You are so sweet. Apparently, Aly was able to score $7 shipping so maybe all you lucky Californians get cheap shipping and the rest of us have to suffer. =/

LizKS48 said...

I went there yesterday as soon as I got the email from them and put around 10 items in and ended up with shipping of $10.99. I was going to add more but when I saw the shipping cost I said to myself "you gotta be kidding me". I thought, shipping will go up as I add so it wasn't worth it to me so I emptied my cart. Not gonna pay that much for shipping when other sites are charging much less for more products.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@LizKS48: Oh yeah, it's not worth it for some of the products, but for others, I think it is. I mean, Cherry Culture sometimes offers 20% off NYX but that does not come close to the 80% off I'm getting for the foundation, even with the insane shipping. However, if you only want a few eyeshadows you're definitely better off shopping elsewhere.

Post a Comment